Spring Pond Cleaning in Philadelphia is now being scheduled! Jump start your outdoor life style with a thorough
pond cleanout; it’s one of the best ways to ensure a healthy season for your pond. Debris collects in your pond and if it is not removed it can cause numerous problems for pond owners. Dirty water, intrusive algae and sick fish are just some of the issues that can be avoided by having a thorough spring pond cleaning.
Steps for Pond Cleaning in Philadelphia
Below are the steps to ensure a proper Spring Pond Cleaning in Philadelphia; whether you decide to tackle this project own your own or you decide to leave it to the professionals.
- Drain the pond down to six inches in depth.
- Remove the fish and place them in large containers with original pond water & aeration.
- Drain the remainder of pond
- Power wash the pond, stream & waterfall
- Remove debris from the pond bottom.
- Clean all filter pads, bioballs, biofall unit, skimmer and pump as needed.
- Clean all light lenses and inspect for burned out bulbs.
- Make necessary minor adjustments to rocks if needed.
- Fertilize water lilies
- Add water treatments: Pond Detoxifier and Pond Starter Bacteria to re-establish the ecosystem.
- Re-introduce the fish into the pond.
Other things to consider when performing a cleanout; such as making sure supplies and equipment are on hand. Often gravel from the streams and upper shelves of the pond end up on the bottom and need to be adjusted, as do any rocks or boulders that may have become loose during the process. If your fish do not have a cave to hide in when necessary, this is the perfect opportunity to offer them protection from potential predators. Edges of liner and liner surface should be checked to see if they need adjustment. Filter mats or brushes and IonGen probe should be checked to see if they need to be replaced. Don’t overlook your lighting; pond clean-out time is the perfect time to install lighting. After completing all of the above you will be well on your way to a sparkling clean pond for the upcoming season and for many seasons to come.
If you decide to let the professionals handle this project, please know that our goal is to provide an excellent pond cleanout service experience. Call the office at 610-380-1119 or contact us here to be placed on the schedule for Spring Pond Cleaning in Philadelphia.